CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 10, 2010

Pinky

My little sister I named Pinky. She is the youngest so pinky fits plus she is a little bit pink. Seriously, she has pink tones in her skin. The name is also cute and that fits her too. She and I always shared a room growing up. She knew pretty much everything about me. I am a very private person so Ruth knew more about me than my closest friends. My sister and I are a little different but I think when we're together we are magic. It's fun hanging out and I wish she lived closer. Before I was married we would go out on our days off. One week I would pay and the next time she would. It was nice having our weekly outing even though we lived together. That is just the way we were. Ruth and I loved adventures and doing things spur of the moment. One time we saw a Rally's commercial on tv. We decided we had to have some Rally burgers. We got in the car and drove 45 min. to the closest Rally Burger. It was worth it.
In high school we ate lunch together in the cafeteria. That was fun to sit with each other. We also had a club with some other members of our church who went to school with us. We did silly things and had fun doing it. She was a great little sister, not annoying like some other little sisters I would hear about. She didn't follow me around or anything. We were usually playing together anyway so she didn't have to follow me around.
She was one of the three little ones with me and my brother. We did the dancing and such. I don't know if three other siblings had as much fun as us. We really enjoyed one another's company.
When I first left home and went to college my sister and I wrote to each other frequently. Mostly we emailed. When I wrote her I didn't have to give her a log of my activities or anything like that. We could write silly things to each other that nobody else would get. It was good for me to feel like I fit when I didn't know anyone around me and I was shy. We continued to email through my second year and then when I went away on my mission she wrote me letters. Again they were mostly silly letters. We would write poems and funny things like that. If someone read the letters they would think we were weirdos but to us they made sense.
When I got back from my mission we hung out that whole summer and then went to college together. We shared a room again. It was fun. I really do wish we could live closer but sometimes I think maybe it's better if Ruth and I don't live too close. Our whole lives would become nothing but silliness all the time and everyone would think we were crazy. We get each other so well, that we would read each others minds and be way too involved in one anothers lives. So even though I miss her so much I enjoy waiting for those special moments when we can be together at reunions and such. Absence makes the heart grow fonder right? Or is it abscess makes the fart go Honda? I can't remember. I cherish the phone calls and emails. So, keep them coming. And that is my sister Pinky.
And this ladies and gentlemen concludes my blogs on my family and their nicknames. Here is the recap; Monkey Wrench, Matinee, Prank, Ipod, Hopscotch, Uncle Remus, Roulette, and Pinky

4 comments:

Ruthykins said...

hey, thanks for the great stories. i remember sitting in my college dorm room reading your letters while you were in austria and just cracking up at the little poems and pictures you had made. very shel silverstein-esque.

Puphigirl said...

Have you given your kids nicknames?

EmmaP said...

Fun. I always wanted sister bonding growing up, but the 2 that were closest to my age were more of the loner type or do their own thing. We did some stuff together, but not like that. You 2 are lucky!

okeydokeyifine said...

I slso enjoyed my little sister immensely. We did all kinds of things together they way you and yours did. We shared Everything. Good Times, Bad Times...Oh wait, Mine was invisible and yours you can see and touch. Guess yours is better than mine.

Actually, I am glad you two were/ are such great friends. I enjoyed reading the memories of the family.

Tell Her I said hi next time you talk to her. I Never get to see her. , Love, MOM