CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Spiders II

I guess some of those baby spiders that I was plagued with a while back have grown up a bit. Two days ago we found a nickel sized reddish spider in the kitchen. I caught it and threw it out in the street. It was really scary because he was quick and he liked to hide. Today Koen saw a quarter sized brown spider crawling on the floor and Koen caught it. I had to take it outside though. Again, I threw it in the street. I think the big one today crawled on Brandis last night at the dinner table. Brandis just screamed all of a sudden last night and wanted on my lap. He kept looking back at the bench and crying. Then this morning he wouldn't sit at the table to eat his breakfast. I kept looking for something but I didn't see it.
After Koen caught it I figured that's what scared him and asked if it crawled on him and he said yes and cried. Now he doesn't want to walk on the floor. He wants someone to carry him from the table to the couch and from the couch to the stairs. I guess he doesn't know that spiders can go upstairs too, because once he gets to the staircase he's fine going up and playing in his room. None of the other boys are too bothered by it. I thought they'd all get shoes and and sit on the furniture to play but that's not the case. They're all barefoot and playing and walking on the floor. Well, I am too so maybe they don't think they should be scared because I'm not acting scared. Who knows, but now I'm raising some future spider hunters for some lucky future wives.

7 comments:

Springbubble said...

Do you have these kind of spiders that carry this white-papery-stuff with them?

Puphigirl said...

You just put the spiders outside? Don't you know they'll just keep coming? I killed a spider just yesterday. It was brown with white markings. Around here they call them August Spiders. Ewwww.

Alice in Wonderland said...

I live in a very old house. It was built in 1664, and we always get spiders, especially at this time of year when they all seem to come indoors and spend the Winter months with us! Personally, I don't mind them. I just make sure that I leave the plugs in the plug-holes in the sinks, bath and shower.
It's the cob-webs that I hate! But I would never kill one. The way that I see it is that I don't have the right to take another life. So, the spiders can stay...as long as they know their place and leave me alone!

Ruthykins said...

gross!!!!!! ewwww!!!!!!!

greenolive said...

I figured if I put them in the street they would get the hint to move on. ha ha ha

okeydokeyifine said...

The only good spider is a dead spider, atleast in the house. And aren't we proud that Naomi killed one? I did not she ever got that close to one.

EmmaP said...

it sort of depends on how big and furry the spiders are and if they have fangs as to whether or not i kill them. it also depends on where the spiders are. like if i am in the laundry room and see one, it doesnt bother me at all. i don't even go after it. in the kitchen, near food or in my shower...well that's another story! hahaha!