CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 7, 2009

My Reunion Experience

I went to Nevada for a week for a reunion. I decided Wednesday night when I got back from a YW activity that I should probably start packing. I packed everything up and had it ready for Tony to put in the van the next day. We woke up early and got everyone ready and headed out. We made it to the airport and Tony helped get us to the gate and saw us off. We flew there and the boys did alright for most of the flight. The last hour they started getting antsy. We arrived and granddad was at the gate to greet us.
That was the trip out. While there we had something to do everyday. We went on a train ride, had a reunion picnic complete with a talent show and games, went to an old world market where I found a beverage I had been looking for since my mission, went to a children's museum and wore gram and granddad out, went to a fiesta, went to Lake Tahoe, went to Virginia City, went to some candy stores, went to a fruit market, had some GREAT food including giant green olives, foot long hot dogs, red hot popcorn, grilled chicken and burgers, pizza, homemade root beer, a ton of candy, and chicken and noodles. We even went to Jack in the Box once. The kids and I had so much fun.
We got to play a lot of games together and even got to watch an old family favorite movie. It was fun to see the grandkids play together and it was fun to be around my parents and sisters again. I think we even had a couple of inside jokes throughout the week. It's too bad we only get together once every two years.
After the week it was time to come home. We had a one hour flight to SLC which was really fun because the plane was fairly empty and we all got to look out the windows. It was a short flight and we had fun exploring the SLC airport once we got there. Then we got on our final flight and all the boys feel asleep except for Brandis. So we had an alright flight home. Tony met us a baggage claim and he said we all grew. Well, not me, he wouldn't make that mistake. I probably did though with all that yummy food around. We had a nice drive home where I told Tony all about the trip. I don't think I left out anything.
So basically I had the time of my life and I am so thankful to my mom for staying in the hotel with me the whole week. I would have lost my sanity otherwise. I am thankful to my dad for driving me everywhere and enduring my kids fighting in the car. I'm thankful to my sisters who saw me struggling with five kids and helped out and even took some of my kids off of my hands a couple of times. A trip that could have been a total nightmare for me turned out to be fantastic. I love to be around my family and even though we are all so different and have such varying lives there is still something so Miller about us all and I love it. I can't wait until the next reunion.

5 comments:

Springbubble said...

that sounds really fun! i love reunions too!

okeydokeyifine said...

Boy, you made it sound like we had a nice time.hahahaha. Yeah, we did. Wish too that we all lived closer so we could see each other more often.

We will try to get out there this fall, so warn the children. "the kermudgeons are coming".

Thanks again for being you and braving it. Love, MOM

Ruthykins said...

i thought only dad was a curmudgeon. anyway, i had fun, too. i even got to hold the baby, even though she didn't like me much.

Puphigirl said...

I loved the stories that Dougan was telling me, about witches and monsters and such. Brandis is such a cutie, and has such a sweet smile. I loved holding Taygan (because Kyle won't let me have anymore babies).

EmmaP said...

ok, so why am I crying? how the heck should I know... i really, really really looked forward to going. I always have a good time with the family. It was fun, but also exhausting. the driving. the chasing kids. the stopping-my-kids-from-killing-each-other both on the drive and in the hotel room. i had so much on my mind that week, that it was hard for me to relax... i wish i could have a reunion do-over... maybe that is why i want to come and visit you so bad... ok, well, it's late, which is just adding to my stupid tears... see you in about 6 weeks!