CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 24, 2009

It's not my cat

On Monday we had a little kitten sitting outside our house and the boys went outside to play with her. When it was time to come back inside the kitty came in too. I let the boys feed her a piece of cheese and then we put her back outside. She sat out there meowing so the boys watched her from the window. One of them decided to let her in again. I told them I don't want that cat inside so we caught her and put her out again. Eades was fascinated by her so he kept watching out the window. She was trying to catch flies and such. Next thing I know, she's inside again. Eades got lectured about how the cat is not ours and we don't need another mouth to feed nor a litter box for babies to get into. The cat went back out. Eades continued to watch the cat. The cat was in the house again. Eades got lectured that I already explained that I don't want the cat in the house. He got put in the corner and the cat got put out. One more time Eades let that cat in. He got yelled at and put in the corner. That was the last time Eades let the cat in. He also stopped looking out the window at it.
That wasn't the end of my cat woes though. I had to spend the evening listening to the cat crying outside our kitchen door. I think I began to hate the cat. I finally went to bed. Tony got up and got ready for work. As he was leaving and opened the door the cat ran in. He thought it was funny because he didn't know about the earlier events. He decided it would be fun to put the cat on me while I was sleeping. I woke up to the cat clawing me and I screamed, "Get it out!!!" Tony still didn't get how serious I was so I screamed again more emphatically, "GET IT OUT!!!!!" By this time I'm sure I hate the cat.
The next morning I was going about my own business when there was a knock on the door. I answer to see the little neighbor girl holding the cat. She says, "I have your cat." To which I calmly reply, "It's not my cat."

5 comments:

Springbubble said...

hehehe.. i think it's meant to be your cat.

Puphigirl said...

We've had a stray white cat coming around and fighting with my cats. He's also been fighting with the neighbor's dog. He poops in her flower garden. He gets into Kyle's garage and sprays his scent everywhere. So one day he was in the garage and we were able to trap him in there. We humanely disposed of this cat. GOOD RIDDANCE!

okeydokeyifine said...

Do you remember how that stray kitten jumped straight up from the floor and clawed you. Maybe that is why cats are not high on your priority. They are very finnicky. And you are right about the litter box and the extra mouth to feed. Litter boxes are stinky and messy and you don't need that around the baby. Good for you and Good Riddance to the cat.

Ruthykins said...

the cat came back the very next day, the cat came back, they thought he was a goner, but the cat came back the very next day...

EmmaP said...

once upon a time, a dark gray striped cat came to a house. It mewed. the children inside looked out the window. They felt sorry for the cat. they begged their Pa to get some food for the cat. the Pa agreed. They took a saucer of milk out for the cat. That night the Cat cried and cried outside the window. Day after day the cat came back. Finally, the Cat was brought in... Pa named him "Pudding".... hahahahaha!

By the way, I was in Barnes and Noble the other day, and I happen to see a book about a Cat named Pudding. I was like, "No Freakin Way!"