CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 6, 2009

Fourth of July













We had a fun Independence Day weekend. The Barclay's came to town so we went to the beach. Here's Brandis with a watermelon face. You can see Barclays and my kids in the background.

Here's me and Taygan hanging out in the beach tent, and here's Koen being turned into a mermaid.













Here's a picture of a blister I got on my thumb from lighting sparklers. Who knew that simple little sparklers could blow-up in your hand?

We had a fun time and it was great seeing our dear friends.

We also enjoyed fireworks and had a picnic. I love this holiday. I especially love the patriotic songs that make me feel pride in our nation and a reverence for what brave ones have done for it.

4 comments:

okeydokeyifine said...

sorry about your boo boo, glad you had a nice time. I love the songs too and still are playing them on the CD. Glad you could see your friends. Loved the photos, thanks for adding them.

CU Soon, MOM

EmmaP said...

both brandis and taygan look like you! wow! sparklers did that, huh? sorry to hear, but better you than the kids...

greenolive said...

I know, and that was from the first one we lit. We didn't do anymore sparklers after that. The kids were sad but I was too scared.

Puphigirl said...

So, while you were playing around at the beach on the 4th I was slaving over a hot smoker selling meat.

Though I didn't have a fun time, it was lucrative.