CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 3, 2009

Spiders!!

I like spiders just as much as the next person. Ha ha ha. Normally I don't bother them and they don't bother me. I welcome a little spider in the house in hopes that he'll keep all other bugs away. This is what I'm used to, but this summer I have been overrun by spiders. It started with the one in the bathroom, then one in the kitchen. Of course we have some in the basement but who doesn't. I'm perfectly okay with these ones. I won't kill them or even bother catching them to put outside. Suddenly I've been seeing these tiny little spiders. I think, wow, a spider must have had babies. I've never seen a baby spider before and they didn't bother me at first. Last night I was working on some thank you cards. I was sitting on the floor doing some stamping when a baby spider crawled onto my card. I got him off and squished him because I didn't want him bothering me the whole time. No sooner did I kill that one that another came along. I squished him and then another. I could not believe it. Was I just in a hot bed or were our floors crawling with spiders and I only noticed because I was sitting on the floor?
I'm still not freaking out because right now they are all just the baby spiders but those little guys are going to grow up soon. I looked online to see how to get rid of them. They say that spiders don't like hot and that's why they come indoors in the summer. It also says they don't like eucalyptus or pledge. Time to go shopping.
So why do I post my pest problem? One, because I think it's strange and two, because I wanted to know if you had any suggestions, and three, because I know it would make a couple of you uneasy. You know who you are and you can thank me later.

5 comments:

EmmaP said...

we get spiders a lot here. i don't know why. we just do. i guess as long as they are not huge and hairy with fangs, i don't really care. we just squish them and move on. also i see spiders on the trail i go on all the time. they are about the size of a 50 cent piece and are black and the body is huge... it's not like a small body with long legs. oh and their eye glow in the dark... so if you come back down off the mountain just as it is getting dark, you see lots of pairs of eyes all along the trail.

one thing about baby spiders... i have heard that a lot of them are the "opaque"-ish kind in color. so perhaps you did not notice them before because you were not on the floor to see them. good luck...

Springbubble said...

spiders. i don't like them much, oh not the spiders themselves but the web. they mostly appear in ceilings which only means we have to do house general cleaning. Hehe.

Ruthykins said...

i was afraid of clicking on this post 'cause i thought that you might've posted a picture. i know that i'm one of the people that you are talking about. anyway, if i see a spider i have to get rid of it. otherwise i can't relax. i read that vaccuuming spiders kills them. the force of the air and hitting the tubes and all does them in. my vaccuum is kept in the closet in the living room. that way it's nice and accessible. actually, right now it's in the kitchen. about 1 in the morning last night i had to vaccuum a spider out of my kitchen windowsill. they just scare me so bad!

okeydokeyifine said...

Don't forget to blow on them.

Puphigirl said...

geesh! Did you HAVE to talk about spiders?!

To Kill a Spider: spray with hairspray (this keeps them from running away, and the alcohol suffocates them) then stab with toilet brush and flush away.