CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Can't keep up

We had Christmas Tuesday morning because it was Tony's day off. I hardly got any sleep the night before because I was wrapping presents and made a 2 am run to Walmart for stocking stuffers. I kept trying to clean up after the boys but I couldn't keep up with them. We had two friends stop by Tuesday who got to see all the aftermath. Tuesday evening Tony, the two youngest and I went out because the three oldest were spending the night at some friends' houses. So I still didn't get to clean up. Yesterday I had people stopping by to drop off kids and presents. One of them knocked and knocked but I was taking a nap with the youngest three while the oldest two were still gone. Koen just broke in to the basement window and then they came in and I woke up totally embarrassed. So it should be clean by now but it isn't. I am totally worn out. I have a huge headache that won't go away. It's probably from lack of sleep because I try to go to bed at a decent hour but then I just lay there totally exhausted but not able to sleep. Then I doze off only to have horrible nightmares that wake me up to where I stay up for a couple more hours. Then I wake up and take care of the boys. So why am I writing on my blog instead of cleaning? I don't know, but I guess I better get to it, huh? So here I go to clean up. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Ruthykins said...

i wish the cleaning fairy would come to my house and tidy up for me. i need to clean so i'm ready for christmas. good luck!

Puphigirl said...

I hear ya about the house cleaning. The younger the kids are the harder it is to keep up after them. I swear they mess things up faster than you can clean.

I also think house cleaning can be overwhelming. Don't think about the whole house, just focus on one room. Maybe do a room a day.

Those are my tips.

EmmaP said...

been there. done that. (minus the breaking into the basement window bit.) the holidays are exhausting. and it can be overwhelming. and if there are any other stressors going on that can chisel away too. Most nights, I don't sleep. but not because I am not tired. On the contrary actually. I am physically exhausted and emotionally drained, and yet, my mind just doesnt shut off. I have some to the realization that some days (or weeks or months)I just live amongst clutter. I used to be a eat freak. Then i had my second baby. Things still weren't too bad, then I went to work outside the home. Things were fairly decent, then my marriage fell apart. Trying to do things on my own and trying to make the home a place of peace or the kids AND keep it clean is hard work. And there are times I just can't do ONE.MORE.THING. 'nuff said... cuz I am already crying like a big fat baby. guess i am jut emotional lately... my kids are out of town for a week and it's christmas and i miss them and i am freakin lonely...

EmmaP said...

sorry... blogger isn't picking up all the ltters when i type... :(


neat freak, not eat freak... "for the kids" not "or" , "just", **sigh**