CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Very Exciting Day

The day started with my alarm going off. I immediately went to the t.v. to see if we had school or not. School was cancelled. I wanted to go back to sleep but the boys all woke up and were ready to watch cartoons. So I decided to go to the store and get donuts and orange juice. We ate breakfast and dealt with some donut drama. Apparently a chocolate long john is way better than a caramel long john and nobody was willing to take the later. We then went on with our lazy day. The baby was taking a nap so I used my prime shower time wisely and hopped in. I got out and was blow drying my hair when I heard a great crack. I ran into the boys room to see glass shattered everywhere and two little boys standing there staring at it. I carried them both out of the way, quickly looked them over, grabbed a box and began picking up the glass. Tony then showed up with the shop vac and finished cleaning it up. It turns out Koen sat on our glass table in there and that's what broke. He felt really bad and was crying not because he was hurt but because it scared him so bad and because it was so overwhelming with all that broken glass everywhere. We calmed him down and then I started lunch for the boys. I had to go to church then to practice a duet for Saturday.
When I got back I thought my eventful day was pretty much over. After a couple hours of calm Eades runs down the stairs and tells me the toilet is leaking. I run upstairs plunge the toilet and start soaking up the water. Then I see the shop vac and get rid of all the glass that was in it and make it wet ready. I clean up all the water and wished I would have seen it before I threw blankets into the water because now I have soaking wet blankets to clean up too. As I go downstairs the boys are freaking out in the kitchen. The water was leaking through. I start grabbing paper towels and cleaning up that mess. Unfortunately it got all over my stove, my pots and pans, my blender, my baking containers, and just everywhere. Now I have a ton of things to wash.
Luckily after things calmed down a bit my sister Ruth called and I got to just relax and talk for awhile on the phone. Now it's night time and the boys are all quiet and we can go to bed. I'm kind of hoping that we don't have a snow day tomorrow after the day we had today. It's just too much excitement for me anymore.

6 comments:

Puphigirl said...

I prefer the caramel or maple long johns.

EmmaP said...

maybe you'll look at this in a day or two.... or month or two, and laugh. we can only hope. i'll take the maple long john if no one else wants it... :)

okeydokeyifine said...

A terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day..... Sorry to hear about it but I have to admit that it made me laugh. Glad no one was hurt. You are such a good mom, I would have freaked out.

Ruthykins said...

well, i'm sure glad i never broke any glass tables when i was a kid 'cause my mom would have freaked out.

EmmaP said...

once, mom was sewing and one of the kids (maybe you sarah, or sam) spilled her box of straight pins. Freak-out she did! "Nobody move!" and then she proceeded to physically carry each child to safety (on the couch) and got on her hands and knees collecting every pin she could find, while lecturing us in a slightly loud tone why playing around the sewing machine is not such a good idea. Yeah...after that, she got a little magnetic dish for her straight pins. tee hee... don't tell her I told you about this! **snorts**

okeydokeyifine said...

I don't even remember it, so I claim it NEVER happened