CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Five Little Ones and the Grocery Store

Last night was the first time I went to the grocery store with all the kids. I was so nervous but there was no way around it. We needed toilet paper, milk and a few other essentials. So I braved it and went. Of course it had to be raining so I loaded the kids up one at a time so they wouldn't get the van muddy. Then we were off. Eades managed to keep Taygan entertained on the way there so she didn't cry much. It was only sprinkling once we got to the store so I woke up the sleepy heads and we all ran inside. Luckily they have the carts where I can fit a car seat and buckle two sleepy kids in.
The boys weren't too bad and Taygan slept the whole time. I was really lucky because the kids could have made it really hard on me. The one thing I didn't like was every time I rounded into the next aisle I got stares and comments from the people there. I can't tell you how many times I heard, "well, you have a lot of helpers". If only they were helpful helpers.
While shopping the thought did come to my head, 'how did Mom do this? she had more than me.' I ended up not loosing any kids, not having any tantrums, and not having anybody try to sneak something in the cart. We did lose a flip flop now and then that we'd have to stop for the kid to retrieve it but all in all it was a good trip. I think I just psyched myself out about the idea of having all the kids when I should have just figured they'd at least try to be good for me.
On the way home Taygan cried and cried and Eades got very frustrated because he couldn't get her to stop. I used one arm to reach behind me to give her the pacifier and I showed Eades how to give it to her. She ended up falling asleep so it wasn't that bad either. I'm sure I will eventually get used to taking all five out with me just like I got used to taking 2 then 3 then 4 out with me. Well, here's hoping anyway.

3 comments:

Ruthykins said...

well, i'm glad it worked out for you. it's nice that eades was willing to help with taygan.

Puphigirl said...

They didn't all whine for candy at the checkout? Mine don't whine for it, but it is one luxury I've allowed. Now they come to expect it.

okeydokeyifine said...

Yeah, we were a sight. I had the baby in a snuggly, one kid in the cart seat, 2 in the cart basket, one kid in another cart seat, and 2 hanging onto the outside of that cart. I used the cart with just one kid in the seat for groceries. So it looked like I had a train. One cart of kids and one cart of food. The nice part was that we lived in an area where a lot of families had lots of children so we fit right in.

Glad you got a chance to make memories. And hold your head up and smile when folks make cmmments. You will never regret having all the children. There were days when I would have sold a few off, but then I have always been glad we had our bunch.