CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Hard Work

Let me set the scene. It was almost a year ago and I had spent one exhausting but fun week at girl's camp. Saturday was the last day and we spent the morning cleaning up our site and finishing chores. After all the good-byes I headed down to Kokomo to pick up my kids. I picked them up and headed right back home. As soon as I got home I changed my clothes and dropped the kids off at my sister's because I was going to help out at a party. I then forgot to take the address but I figured I would just remember where the house was because I drove by it once. Well I didn't just find the house. I drove around the neighborhood for a long time. I was LATE! I finally stopped to ask some walkers where the house was. They informed me that the family had moved to a new neighborhood down the street and gave me directions. I found the house and I was 1/2 hour late. I felt awful but I was still there before the party started. So I jumped right into work.
Alright, so I worked my buns off because I felt so bad about being soooo late. I was really really tired but I knew I just had to buck up. I worked at the party for about four hours I think. Then the party ended and I went to pick up the kids. On the way to my sister's house I just cried because I was so tired. Have you ever cried from being over tired? Well, I only did it that once because I was so exhausted not only physically but emotionally from girl's camp and I think being away from the kids and Tony too. Anyway, I got the kids and went home.
Okay, now to the present. My friend who nannies for the family who hosted the party called me the other day and asked if I could work at the party again. She said the wife specifically asked for me and she was even willing to pay me more AND she asked that I wouldn't work as hard because she thought I went way above and beyond what she expected last time. I was so flattered. I mean I was so embarrassed about being late, and I may have been a little delirious from sleep deprivation that I was kind of in robot mode last year where I just kept cleaning things and straightening things up. It made me feel really good that I left such a positive impression instead of being the late slacker. I think I might work it again this year, I'll have to see how the baby does with a bottle, but I think I should do it because they requested me and all. So the morel of the story is that Hard Work does pay off and a Good Job does not go unnoticed.

6 comments:

okeydokeyifine said...

If you feel up to it and Want to do it, fine. Other wise learn to say No gracefully.

Hey, how are you doing, anyway?

Puphigirl said...

So, did you have the baby yet? If not, when?

greenolive said...

I'm waiting for the baby to come right now. The kids went to the Barclay's Wednesday night. I'm so bored, I'm just waiting and waiting.

Ruthykins said...

i love parties. that sounds like fun.

EmmaP said...

when is the said party? don't do it if it is right away... cuz if you overwork yourself and then are too sick to travel cuz of risk of blood clots - and you CANT come to the reunion...I'm gonna...well, let's just say I won't be too happy! ;)

congrats on the baby, btw... please post pics!

Springbubble said...
This comment has been removed by the author.