CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 16, 2009

Internet Challenge

I have been challenged to go without the internet for a whole month. I think I can do it. I will cut out facebook, this blog, email, and any games or any of that stuff. Everything else will just be on a need basis. I like to check my bank balance everyday, so I think I should still be allowed to do that. I think if I also have something that I need to look up like maybe a map or get info about something that should be allowed too. I will try my best to not use it at all. I guess I don't have to check my bank balance everyday. So today will be my last day for the month. I'll be back Nov. 17th. That means no more blogs, no more comments, no more status changes, no more emails. Since I'm starting tomorrow that means I get to still do it today, so today I will be on probably till midnight. ha ha ha.

I've challenged myself before with other things. I've done chocolate and pop. Both of those were fairly easy. I know this one will be very hard especially at the beginning. The more I think about it the more I don't want to get on the internet at all for the whole month. That way I'll feel like I really accomplished something at the end. Otherwise I might feel like I cheated a bit. I suppose if I really need something I could call somebody and have them look something up for me, right?

Okay, I'll go a month without getting on the internet. Now, I'm not doing this because I think the internet is bad. Not anymore than chocolate. I'm just doing it to get a different perspective and to prove that I am not addicted to it. After all, the internet is a very good thing. It keeps me in regular contact with my family and friends, it has a ton of information right there at my finger tips, and it keeps me organized as far as bank accounts and budget go. But I just went to an Amish dinner and we were talking about facebook and I saw my cousin and knew he probably had no idea what we were talking about. I'm going to go back to basics and I'm sure I'll be just fine. It's only a month after all. Alright I think I have talked about this enough. I feel like I'm just rambling and rambling. Maybe because I know this will be my last post for the month I'm trying to stretch it out. Okay that's it, I'll end this post.....right........NOW!!

6 comments:

Puphigirl said...

You are intentionally cutting yourself off from your family? I guess I'll have to write you a letter or call you just to say HI.

greenolive said...

yeah, maybe I'll write letters. That will be weird.

greenolive said...

How about I call Ruth everyday and then she can blog about me. I'll stay in the loop somehow.

Alice in Wonderland said...

LOL!!! That will be a good idea! I've never actually chatted with Ruth before...maybe she can tell us all more about you!
Good luck with your challenge. I hope that you can manage it, but it will be interesting to find out all your gossip at the end!

EmmaP said...

this is just crazy!!! I mean, CRAZY!!! Next time you go and do somethin like this, PLEASE go and call your sisters (AHEM!!! ME!!) and tell us what sort of Tom Foolery you are up to so we can EMAIL, BLOG, and FB you befor you go. Would you give up WATER for a month? Money? Your First-born??I didn't think so! So WHY THIS????

**sigh** see ya in a month... if I make it that long...

EmmaP said...

WHAT??? IT'S ONLY BEEN THREE WEEKS??? could have sworn it's been more than a month. DONT EVER DO THIS AGAIN!!!!!!

btw, i did a post on taygan... **weeks ago**