CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Nosy Neighbor

The other day I came home to see my neighbors fighting. I was mostly concerned with getting my family in the house without hearing spicy words so I didn't hear what they were fighting about. About a half hour later I hear two loud bangs. I didn't think much of it because we have neighborhood kids who play with fireworks and stuff. Then my imagination started getting the better of me and I decided to just spy on the neighbors a little. I see the husband pacing in and out of the kitchen and constantly looking at the floor. I can only see his shoulders and up so I don't know what is on the floor. I decide to call Tony. He tells me to call the police. I don't want to make a false accusation especially about MURDER and all. So I call up my friend Ellen to see what she says. She says to just call the police. So while I was on the phone with the two of them, I was still spying. I see a friend of his pull up. Then I see them leave with flashlights. I didn't see what they did between these two events because I was looking up the non-emergency number online. I looked up the non-emergency number because I'm still chicken of being wrong. I know, stupid right. By now it's like an hour after the bangs were heard. Here's my conversation with the officer.
Me: Hi I'm calling about something that sounded like gun shots.
Off.: In the Superior, Huron area?
Me: Yes. Do you know what caused the shots?
Off.: No, we do not ma'am.
Me: Well my neighbors were fighting tonight, and I'm worried that he might have shot her.
Off.: The police already have a suspect ma'am, thanks for calling. Bye.
Me: Bye.

Okay, so I felt a little better that my neighbor probably didn't kill his wife but I have to keep watching his house. So I see him and his friend get back. The neighbor shakes his friends hand on the back steps and the friend leaves. Then the neighbor goes in his house and looks out his window right at my house. I jump back from the window and take a deep breath. That night I slept on the couch with both phones beside me and a bat hidden above the door frame. Nothing happened. Yesterday I had almost forget about the whole thing. Then a random thought pops into my head. What if he didn't shoot her? What if he just murdered her? So I've been watching to see if the neighbor lady is still alive, but I haven't seen her yet. Today will be the fourth day.
I also forgot to add in another little bit of history. My neighbors are fairly new. They moved in about two months ago. Their grandchildren are living with them. One of the grandson's told my sons that they have to live with their grandparents because their mom stabbed their dad to death and she's in prison. I don't know if it's true but what if it is? What if the family has a rage problem. I'll keep watching the house for now and I'll keep the doors locked and the phones close. I sure do hope I'm wrong.

9 comments:

Alice in Wonderland said...

Have you ever watched the movie "Rear Window" with James Stewart and Grace Kelly, or "What Lies Beneath" with Harrison Ford? Well, I'd make some excuse to go over, not on my own, of course, but with a friend, and offer them a Welcome Basket, just so you can get a better look and a chat with them!
Well, now you have my imagination working overtime! And I get it's all totally innocent!
But Good Luck anyway!

greenolive said...

I haven't seen those movies. I don't usually watch scary things because they seem to stick with me too much. I thought about going over there, I just have to think of a good excuse.

Marie said...

What? Sarah this is crazy stuff! You can see right into their window and you haven't seen her in 4 days???? I would be worried too. I can't wait to find out the rest of the story. This is the best murder mystery I've ever read. I hope she's okay, and if she's not, I hope the guy doesn't get away with it. I have an idea. Have your kids ask their friends about grandma. Maybe they'll say she had to leave the other night but they don't know where!

Ruthykins said...

yeah, have your kids do the sleuthing. just don't tell them why. you'll have them freaking out.

EmmaP said...

when i was prego with child #2 the neighbors down stairs in our apt fought ALL.THE.TIME. and you could hear right through the vents. many times i would call the police because the fighting got so bad... once she even screamed, "Somebody help me!" yeah... he was beating the crap out of her. I had so much anxiety.. i just KNEW he KNEW i called. Deep breaths... maybe have some people stay with you for a few nights. any friend cops? I remember not seeing the neighbor girl downstairs for SEVERAL days. i KNEW he killed her! I just KNEW it!!! but she was just working a night shift at the hospital...

nevertheless, dont freak yourself out... and keep blogging daily so we know YOU are ok!!! Oh, and don't spy unless YOU are in a dark house, silly!

Puphigirl said...

Yes, continue to spy. Yes, have you kids innocently ask the neighbor kids about their grandma. Yes, make sure your house lights are off when spying on the neighbors so the don't see you. Yes, keep us posted. This sounds just like Rear Window.

greenolive said...

Koen talked to one grandson yesterday without knowing anything about what I was thinking. He said that the grandson said that grandma was sick. He didn't say whether or not she was home though. If she is sick that would explain me not seeing her. Today I saw a cleaning bucket on the porch, but that's where I keep mine too so that doesn't mean much.

okeydokeyifine said...

how absolutelly scary. Keep saying your prayers.

greenolive said...

Good news. I saw my neighbor lady Sat. Believe it or not, they were fighting outside again.