CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

I'm not so perfect

Last week I was going crazy not knowing who my kids' teachers were and what time the bus would pick them up. They don't like to tell you till last minute. So I decided to go to the school myself to see if I could get some information. I got myself all ready so I would look like one of those supermoms who always look perfect and of course I must care a lot about my kids if I'm taking the time to come down to the school. Right? I decided to take my two darling school boys down their with me too. We get there and I walk in holding their hands, of course. We go to the office and I ask if they have the teacher assignments yet and if we could take a tour of the school. This will be their first year at this school. The secretary tells me that she's just filling in so she wouldn't know how to look up their teachers but she knows I'll get something in the mail this week. BTW School starts next Tuesday and I still don't know who their teachers are. I don't know why this freaks me out but it does. Anyway back to the story. So we're in the office and the secretary starts talking to the boys assuring them that they will like the school. I look down at my sweet boys and suddenly I feel ill. They both have their faces covered lunch ... jelly sandwiches. I am now officially mortified. I wanted to leave right then but she's still talking to them. Just then she takes a break and I feel like it's a good time to make our exit. Then some young guy comes into the office and the substitute secretary calls him over to make sure she gave me all the correct information about the letters being mailed out. He of course talks to the boys too. Why oh why? Well I'm sure I left quite the impression on them. Obviously not the one that I wanted to. So after he's done we run out of there, get in the car, and take off as quickly as we can. I also give each of them a wipe to clean their faces on the way home. Like it really matters anymore. The only comfort I can gather from the situation is that she was just a substitute. That's what I keep telling myself anyhow.

5 comments:

okeydokeyifine said...

This reminds me of the time Dad pulled up with a bus load of people that wanted to meet our children. He said he saw them playing in the park, so naturally he stopped. The children all came running when they saw Dad and all climbed on the bus when the door opened. I heard the bus and went outside to see what was going on. The passengers told me that they wanted to meet the bus driver's family because he was such a nice man. I smiled until I looked at the children. They had been playing hard in the park and of course in their play clothes. They looked like street urchins with dirty faces and not-so-combed hair. But they looked Happy. I guess that is what I am telling you. Children are expected not to be spit and polished all the time. They probably thought "what cute little boys". But if it makes you feel better, carry handy-wipes with you and do a face check before going into places. I had a tissue and spit. The kids of today don't have to have spit put on their faces, Lucky Kids.

Puphigirl said...

At least you know that you looked good.

EmmaP said...

What???????? You're NOT PERFECT?????????

When did this happen??????????????

greenolive said...

Okay so it's today was Tuesday and I still haven't gotten the letter that tells me who the teachers are, what buses they ride and where they will be picked up and dropped off, or what times they will be picked up or dropped off. School starts in one week.

greenolive said...

oh man I wish we could edit comments.