CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Calendar

I have been super busy the last couple of weeks. I've had appointments, people coming over, errands to run, and events that I had to go to. I was seriously running around crazy. I knew that my calendar was practically booked. So Monday night Brandis got sick. He was throwing up all that night. So yesterday I look at my calendar and it was empty for Tues. and Wed. Well, actually an appointment was cancelled, and something else could easily be pushed. It was great. I got to pamper the poor kid and push fluids as often as he would wake up. I didn't have to go anywhere and nobody came by. I could not believe it. Today I got to continue with the fluids and try to get him to eat. Tomorrow I have commitments again but hopefully Brandis will be feeling better. I just have a couple people stopping by so I won't have to take him out. I was also really grateful that Tony came home in enough time to run errands that were my responsibility before he had to go to bed both yesterday and today. That is not something I can count on so I was really happy.
I was also able to easily change the yw activity tonight to something where I wouldn't need to be running the show. My counselors are great. I contacted one yesterday and she contacted the other one, who called me and we figured things out. Then today I talked to the one about what exactly the new plan was and what I needed to run out and get before tonight. She said she just happened to have a treasure box and the Hershey's Treasure candy which is what we needed, at her house and it wasn't a problem. Holy Moly! This week which should have been just as hectic as all the others has turned into a really easy one. What a blessing to Brandis and me both.

5 comments:

EmmaP said...

good - nice to be able to count on others. i, myself, missed my sons ortho appt yesterday... ooops!

okeydokeyifine said...

Things usually work out don't they. Nice to know that we can have the blessings we need when we need them.

Pace yourself, a great activity can be a simple one. All the elaborate planning does not guarantee a fun time.

KISMIF- Keep It Simple, Make It Fun

Hope Brandis feels better

Ruthykins said...

your counselors? are you the president?

greenolive said...

yeah, since about Nov.

Puphigirl said...

Hmm, KISMIF. I've always thought KISS - Keep It Simple, Stupid