CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 27, 2009

A Turn For the Worse

I thought Brandis was feeling a little better. At least he was starting to eat and drink a bit more by Thursday. So yesterday afternoon he began to puke again. The poor guy already looked like a bag of bones. I decided I would take him in to the walk-in clinic. It turns out he has an ear infection. I've never dealt with an ear infection with the boys yet, so this is new. We picked up some antibiotics on the way home and had to get some 7-up to help with the vomiting.
Last night was horrible though. He threw up and up and up. When he was asleep I could hear his belly growling from hunger and churning from sickness. Whenever he'd wake up he'd sip some pop and then he'd have a nice little diaper and then throw up a bit. When Tony got home this morning at six he found me sitting on the couch in a comatose like state. He asked what I was doing awake. I muttered, "Brandis just fell back asleep". Soon after that Brandis woke up again and went for the pop and then continued the routine. Tony said, "This is hard to watch". Uhh, yeah, I've been witnessing it for the last few days. We got Brandis to fall back to sleep and Tony asked why I just don't go up to bed. My reply, "What's the point?"
I am however grateful that it is just one kid going through this. I couldn't imagine all of them being sick this way. I mean a person can only handle being puked on a few times a day. Seriously.

5 comments:

okeydokeyifine said...

Keep a little basket close at hand with a plastic bag in it for the pukes. Peppermint tea might settle things a little. Toast is good. Maybe a banana. BRAT banana, rice, applesauce, toast. Pedialyte popcycles and drinks.

Hope he feels better. Don't forget a blessing. Maybe for him AND you.

greenolive said...

I don't think I could ever forget the brat diet. The doctor was actually well pleased that I had fed him exactly what I should have. He was also glad that Brandis wasn't dehydrated. I owe it all to the BRAT diet!!! Thanks for teaching it to us. I remember using it on my mission when I had food poisoning. It's never failed.

Ruthykins said...

well, that's good that he's not dehydrated.

EmmaP said...

next time tonsy asks you that, be sure to reply in a robotic like voice. and when you must say "yes" instead say "affirmative" - sounds much more robotic. maybe he'll check YOU into the hospital - and then YOU can get some rest! hehehe!

Puphigirl said...

Chloe was puking earlier this week. I was getting ready for work when she started the puking. I woke up Kyle, told him she was sick and then left for work. I got to escape the comatose state this time.