CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Night Away

Friday night I got to drive down to Lafayette for an Institute Conference for the 16-18 year olds. We were supposed to have a big group go so one of my counselors and I made arrangements to go. We were so excited about it. We kept calling each other to see what treats each would bring and what route we would take and what hotel we should stay at. We pretty much were looking for any excuse to call each other to talk about the event. Wednesday night we had one yw and one ym back out. By the time we were meeting at the church to leave all the others had decided not to go except one yw. So we took her down and we would not let her back out because WE were so excited to go. We went and she didn't seem to mind the 2 1/2 hour drive with us even though I'm sure she would have rather had someone "not old" to talk to. We got there and watched our little trooper have a good time dancing with friends and we just couldn't help but smile every time she danced a slow song. She purposely avoided eye contact with us during those songs. She probably expected us to do something embarrassing like take a picture, give a thumbs up, or rate the guy on a scale of 1-10.
One of my favorite parts of the whole trip was having a nice comfortable bed all to myself all night long, without somebody waking up, crying and finding me and crawling into bed, or waiting for everybody to fall asleep first so I could. I just got to crawl under the covers and have a few hours of uninterrupted sleep. It was great and I think much needed. We went to the conference Saturday morning and then came home after lunch. We grilled the yw about the boys she danced with and which ones she thought were cool. Again she was polite and didn't act bored with us or disappointed that we were such dorks. When I got home and walked through the door it was great to have the kids run up and be glad that I was home again. I dare say even Tony missed me. It was a great trip and I was really glad I got to go and that we all seemed to have a good time, but I'm also glad that I am back home with my wonderful family.

9 comments:

EmmaP said...

i cant believe they all backed out. they dont know what they missed. so - who was the girl, hehehe? is she scarred for life?

okeydokeyifine said...

I remember going to things like that with 2 of my Young Women leaders. I am still friends with them today, and we sent Christmas cards back and forth. I went to the funeral of one leader's husband. I will always cherish the interest, kindness, and encouragement they gave me. They were just doing their calling. You never know what action you do that might have an impact on another. Glad you got to go and have a rest,so to speak. Good Job.

Ruthykins said...

nice. i'm sure she really thinks you're "really old". gulei

Springbubble said...

Hi, my name is Lea and as i was reading blogs, i came across yours..and up0n seeing your profile, may i ask if you are in any way related to Elder Anthony Bullock who served a mission in the Philippines more than a decade ago? I'm n0t sure about this but if i am n0t mistaken and you are his family now, im glad to kn0w that he has been blessed with a w0nderful wife and kids! I enjoyed reading your blogs..hope to hear from you, God bless..

greenolive said...

Wow! Yes Leamarie, I am the wife of Elder Anthony Bullock who served in the Philippines. He served there from 1997-1999. What a treat to meet you this way.

Springbubble said...

This is so cool...:) Do you know why i remember him? It's because he left a picture of my brother taken when they went to a place called 'agbobotilya', Elder Bullock wr0te my brother a message at the back of the picture with his full name and address bel0w. And also that was the year when i was so.. c0nfused. Elder Bullock and his c0mpani0n were the ones encouraging me to go to Church that time. Then his missi0n ended and i m0ved to the city to study college. Once in a while if i had a time to c0me h0me i went to Church with my Aunt Zeny (Dunno if he remembers her t0o).. But when she died 4 years ago, (th0ugh i still love reading Liah0nas,) i t0tally st0pped g0ing to Church. (Im n0t pr0ud of that fact). And now i have a baby boy, a full time h0memaker t0o. This is so nice meeting you here..Please send my regards to your husband. Does he still kn0w how to speak Tagalog? I'll read more of your blogs for sure. Take care there!

greenolive said...

Yes, my husband totally remembers you guys. He loved your Aunt Zeny and how great she was with a Brother Pastor. He does still speak Tagalog when he gets a chance. He was so excited when I told him about you. He was also so sad when I mentioned that Sister Zeny had passed. He thinks of her often and remembers her great testimony and her missionary spirit. He's so glad that you found us. Do you have an email or facebook?

Springbubble said...

It's so nice to get in t0uch with you guys. i have a yahoo acc0unt, leamaried@yahoo.com and lea.doble@gmail.com. i d0nt have profile in facebo0k yet but i'll sign up when n0t busy so i could p0st s0me pics with my family and my aunt zeny as well..oh bef0re i go do s0me house ch0res, i t0ld my brother j0nathan that i f0und Elder Bullock and his family in the internet, he was so excited and warmly sent his regards..bye bye n0w, have a g0od day!

Springbubble said...

...and i hope your s0n Brandis is better n0w..