CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Too much?

Sometimes I like to be busy and I love to say yes when somebody asks me to do something. So this weekend was one of those times when I think I may have overextended myself. It started on Monday with an Amish lunch and being tour guide for friends who've never been to Middlebury or Shipshe. Then I had to make a menu for a dessert auction and my kids' birthday party. Then I had to go through the adds to find sale items. I went shopping so many times this week for groceries because I always forgot something. Wednesday night we were not going to have activities because of spring break, but primary asked if we would come stuff eggs. I said, "yes" so I loaded up the boys and stuffed eggs. Thursday was supposed to be baking day but it ended up being getting all the last minute things day. Friday was spent baking for the auction.
Friday afternoon a friend and I went to church and began getting everything ready. Then we had the dinner (taco salad) and the auction. We cleaned up and I came home realizing I didn't have the stuff for the games for the birthday party. I also neglected to get my kids Easter baskets for the next day. So I was off to get what I needed. I cannot believe how many people are out on Good Friday at 11 pm. There were HUGE lines. I got home and made two magnet fishing poles, wrapped one box of candy six times for a game Emma taught me, and cut out a bunch of fish and attached paper clips to them. Then I assembled the baskets. I don't know what time I went to bed.
Saturday morning I woke up late. I still had to bake cupcake cones for the party. I went right to work. Then my kids woke up so I showed them their baskets. Yay! Then I got back to baking.
As soon as the cupcakes are done baking I have to go to the park to set things up. I still have to go to Mishawaka to get their combined present. Then back to the park to make sure Tony is grilling the dogs. Oh, I hope the party goes off well. I hope I haven't forgotten anything.
I told primary that I would help hide eggs today so I have to make sure the party is over in enough time for me to get over there. I'm lucky because we have the park all day, so after the egg hunt we can go back to the park and relax until the park closes. I'm really looking forward to that part. We even invited some friends to come and walk their dog and stuff. It will be much needed downtime. Tomorrow I get to count how many people I have coming to the Amish dinner next week. I hope I get a lot of yeas. So far I have people who went two years ago and they want to bring friends. It looks like it will be a success as long as I get some definites and no more of these maybes, yucky maybes. Tomorrow we also have to go to my in-laws for Easter dinner. That usually turns into a long drawn out thing but they promise it will be short. So anyway. That is my busy weekend.

6 comments:

okeydokeyifine said...

This is how you say NO. Just pause for a minute and ask yourself "what all am I doing already?" If it is too much, get a very sorry look on your face and say, "Although I would love to help you out I just cannot do it. Catch me next time when I do not have a hundred things on my plate already." See, they do not know what you have going on, so they ask you first.

Hope the party goes well. Lots of love to you and your family. MOM

Ruthykins said...

sounds good. how did the taco salad dinner go?

greenolive said...

It was yummy and surprisingly cheap. Everyone went up a couple of times. The party went well too. The weather was beautiful and the shelter was really nice. My feet are very sore from being on them all day.

EmmaP said...

pictures of the party and tell us all about it! also - how many people came to the auction? did you have enough food? too much? Oh - and when you have a minute...

(j/k... check out my blog for an "Eades" highlight on Wednesday!)

greenolive said...

Alright, I took my camera to the party but I somehow forgot to take any pictures. Duh I know. So I don't have any pictures. Maybe I should have asked someone to be official photographer. The auction did not have a good showing because everybody forgot about it because we had conference last week. We only made like $125 so we are going to have another one soon. SO, as for enough food, we had plenty. It's still in my fridge. I'm not buying groceries this week because my fridge is full of leftovers from the auction, the party, and Easter. And Easter today was not one hour long it was three hours long. I'm TIRED and luckily two boys are sleeping and the other two are being calm. Long comment, I know.

EmmaP said...

hmmm - check back on my eades post... lots of comments!