CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Painting

For some reason I have this strong desire to paint my house. I know it's not realistic. I don't have a whole lot of extra time or funds to paint a whole house. I keep talking myself out of it, but everyday when I come downstairs I get that thought again that I want to paint. I also want to make curtains. I have a friend who says if I buy a pattern and all the supplies she'd make them for free. I think I need someone to come in my house, look at the architecture of it, and the furniture that I have and then make suggestions about what colors to use on the walls and what type and fabric I should have for the curtains. Because every time I think I could just start a little at a time, I run into the problem of not seeing a big picture of what I even want, so I wouldn't know where to begin. It's a big problem, I know. So I just keep it the way it is and keep dreaming about painting it. Maybe someday I'll get a magazine and see something I like and then, then will be the day I can do it. But for now....eh.

6 comments:

EmmaP said...

ooh, ooh! pick me, pick me! i *love* color! i love picking out colors!!! you should take pics of one room, post it, take a survey of what color to paint the room, etc. just do one room at a time... but first, have the baby... ;)

Ruthykins said...

well, before you start picking colors you need to decide what is staying the way that it is. if the furniture is going to be the same color it is now then go off of that. no sense in having a powder blue room with red furniture. just saying. i have no idea what colors you are thinking of.

Puphigirl said...

Back when I used to watch Christopher Lowell, he suggested cutting out things from magazines. It doesn't have to be furniture stuff. It can be a color or texture or style that you like in an outfit or scenery. Then, after a while that you have been collecting things you like, lay them out and see if there is anything that matches. This helps you to see what kind of style/color you are.

okeydokeyifine said...

pick cozy, comfy colors. Colors that invite you into the room. Nothing too shocking that would jostle your nerves.

Make sure the room is well ventilated. Be safe when up on the ladder. Don't use furniture as a ladder. Safety First.

Let us know what you decide.

Springbubble said...

hi, again Sarah..can i add you in my facebook?

greenolive said...

sure! my name on facebook is Sarah Rose Miller Bullock. I hope it's easy to find me.