CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Graduated to Jelly-filled

This morning I woke up early and picked up some donuts for the family. I usually get my favorites, and Tony's favorites and then some that aren't so messy for all the kids. I decided that Koen and Eades are bigger now and they could probably handle a jelly or cream filled donut. It was fun getting things that I thought they would like. I couldn't wait to get home and surprise them with this new world of a filled donut. Well, they didn't make a mess but they couldn't eat a whole donut. I guess they were too big and too sweet for them. Anyway it reminded me of growing up and only getting the kid stuff. Like Mom would only let us get either a cheeseburger or a hamburger at McDonald's. Then one day she let me order the Big Mac. I knew I was older. Well, maybe my kids aren't quite ready. They each only ate a few bites, drank some o.j. and then went to watch some cartoons. Well, at least there isn't a big mess.

3 comments:

EmmaP said...

i am a big girl now... may i please have the raspberry filled on doused in powdered sugar? mmmmm...

btw - i think you have just inspired a new blog post for me... thanks.

okeydokeyifine said...

You just wanted the left overs.... I know....

Puphigirl said...

I remember only having the choice of hamburger or cheeseburger. I think I was 12 when I was allowed the choice of a quarter pounder w/ cheese.