CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Tonsillitis

My Koen is sick with tonsillitis. I put off taking him to the doctor for a few days but he still felt miserable. I feel bad for not taking him in earlier now. We are still paying mega bills from when Dougan was in the hospital in November. Soon I'll have bills from having the baby. I hope that Koen does not get tonsilitis enough to need surgery. We just couldn't afford that too. So anyway, the boy who has already missed too much school now has to miss a little bit more. The worst part is his class was going to celebrate his birthday on Friday. I hope he can do it another day.
I know that it's contagious but Eades and Dougan seem to be doing fine. Brandis has a cold and the farts. I'm not sure what that's about but he has been tootin up a storm. I don't think that's contagious though. I hope not.
I hope they all get over what they have soon so others can watch them while I'm having the baby. I would hate to have someone else watching the boys when they were sick. Both because it's no fun for the baby-sitter and because sick kids just want their moms. Plus I kind of like pampering them when they're sick.

5 comments:

EmmaP said...

so....um... is "the farts" a medical term?

EmmaP said...

oh - and, i hope they get better too! lol!

greenolive said...

More to the story is that he didn't have any horrible symptoms. It seemed like he just had a slight cold but he just wasn't acting himself. The school actually almost didn't send him home. They called me first to see what I wanted to do. The doctor asked why we brought him and I could tell by the questions he was asking that he thought it was weird of me to bring him in. Koen only had a slight runny nose, a sore throat, and only a 99 deg. temp. His symptoms were not getting worse, but I could tell he was just too tired. He looked in Koen's throat last and then he saw it. So I was glad that I followed my motherly instincts

Ruthykins said...

yeah, when they just aren't themselves is when it's time to worry.

Puphigirl said...

Is "the farts" like having "the vapors" ?