CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 17, 2010

I'm surrounded

Sometimes when I'm just sitting down relaxing I notice that all my kids are gathered around me. I'm not even doing anything fun. I'll just be sitting there and I realize I have the baby, my 2 yr. old and my 4 yr. old on my lap and the 6 and 7 yr old will be right beside me. I love it. I know there are times when I'm trying to get things done that I want my space but for the most part I don't mind having kids crawling all over me.
I really don't know what that says about their security level or their separation anxiety or any of that. I just know that as I walk around my house I usually have two to three kids following me around.
Lately my kids are changing. Well, I guess they always are but I've really noticed it lately. I've been getting random compliments on my children. I've noticed Koen really stepping up to the plate and helping out. I've been finding time to just play with them. We had a Dance Party USA Friday night. We had glow sticks, a strobe light, a toy guitar, and the music cranked up. We were having a blast and then I realized my neighbors were watching us. I just laughed.
I really enjoy my kids. Today the primary asked me to fill out a form for the three older ones for spotlights. As I was filling them out I realized how amazing each of them really is. They are so different but they all have great qualities. I mean they are just plain cool. I'm not saying I have the best kids in the world and that this is some sort of competition. I'm just saying that I love my kids as I'm sure other's love theirs. As they go through their stages of life I find myself getting excited and emotional. Sometimes just the thought of having them go to dances or on missions or having families of their own is so overwhelming to think about. So I guess it's a little Sentimental Sunday but there you have it.

4 comments:

Puphigirl said...

It is fun to see how the kids are growing.

I thought it was interesting that your kids group around you because just last night I was cleaning out some boxes and I found a picture of us kids grouped around Mom while she was shelling peanuts and cracking nuts.

okeydokeyifine said...

Yeah, while reading your post I remembered the children gathering around me oft times. I was nice and I enjoyed it. But times change and children grow and then they are off and out the door. I like the song, "where are you going my little one" It says "turn around and you're 2, turn around and you're 4, turn around and you're a young girl going out of the door, Turn around and you're tiny. Turn around and you're grown, Turn around and you're a young wife with babes of your own." So true, so true

EmmaP said...

kadin used to follow me all the time. he would even sit outside the bathroom and cry cuz he couldn't see me. Now he is almost 12 and seems like he wants nothing to do with me :(

no one wants to snuggle with mama anymore. **sigh** Keenan said it was just too wierd and gross. Kienna said "I'm not a baby!" so - there you have it. guess i need a man... or a dog!

Ruthykins said...

my kids do that, too. especially if i'm on the couch.