CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 22, 2010

Kahlua Pork

I decided to share this story in case some of you hadn't heard it yet.
One day when I was in the MTC I was feeling a little low. I sort of hit a wall with my section 4 memorization and I was having a hard time with the language. I was also a little homesick. I was halfway through my time at the MTC and I knew I still had another month. I think I was getting a little stir crazy. So I was sort of in a bad mood that day. At dinner while I was sitting there feeling a little sorry for myself someone walked by and a gust of wind came from nowhere and blew all the trash off of their tray and into my lap. I thought, How could it get any worse?
That night as I was kneeling and saying my prayer I was telling all my woes to the Lord. I realized that in the MTC everyday is pretty much the same. We had a very strict schedule. The only thing that changed from day to day was the menu. I asked Him if it were possible to let me have my favorite meal the next night. I loved the Kahlua pork. It was very tasty. So after my prayer I went to bed. The next day was much better. I was able to memorize more, the language was clicking and I was very happy to be in the MTC. I had forgotten my prayer from the night before. When I went to dinner that night, what should they be serving but Kahlua pork. I remembered my prayer from the night before. I was reminded of how much he cares for each and every one of us.
The more I thought about it my mind really started to get blown. I prayed for such a silly thing. I was reminded that the Lord sometimes works by small and simple means. I was also left with the question, was Kahlua pork put on the menu last minute just for me or had it been on the menu months ahead of that. Did Heavenly Father know that I would ask for it that exact night? For me it was a miracle even as ridiculous as it was to pray for a certain dinner. Why does the Lord spoil us so much? He does because He loves us.
So that is my story of Kahlua pork.

4 comments:

okeydokeyifine said...

Just remember that when you go through the hard times when it seems that your prayers are hitting the ceiling and going no further. Heavenly Father does hear and answer our prayers Always. Some times the answer in no, some times it is not right now, and some times it is you betcha.

Puphigirl said...

The MTC doesn't give you a menu for the month like elementary school does?

EmmaP said...

i have heard this story before and still cry. sometimes i wish i could write about all of my (scary) experiences on my blog and about how prayer worked in the face of them. more so for me, than anyone reading it. i guess i could journal it... anyway -- i have prayers answered all the time and think afterwards how silly my request may have been. and then, i have had prayers answered in ways ihad never expected, and yet as soon as I "heard" the answer -- i knew it was right.

Kyle W Phillips said...

Like manna from heaven, only with more porkly goodness.