CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Eades' Questions

Today Eades told me about a problem he is having. He says he does like to go to church but it's hard. He says he believes in Jesus but his problem is that he can't see Him. He thinks he should be able to see Jesus at church. He said that this is bothering him so much that it gives him a headache. We talked about it for awhile and he says he knows that he can feel the love of Jesus and that he understands that he just needs to have faith and be good because he believes.
Then he started asking me about how it feels when you die. I told him I've never died before but that it won't hurt after he dies. He also wanted to know if there are toys in Heaven. He actually bombarded me with a whole bunch of questions then. I can tell he's really been thinking about this stuff. All I can do is hope that I answer them well enough. I remember having similar questions and thoughts when I was young. I used to think that Christ walked around the chapel during prayers because we all had our eyes shut.

5 comments:

Alice in Wonderland said...

You know that there is never going to be any easy answer to this. Just ask him who makes the sunshine, or who makes the rain or who makes the crops grow. You just ask him these things.
You know that sometimes how you can see faces in the clouds? I used to believe these were Gods Angels watching me! Someone told me that there were not stars in the sky, but peep-holes were God was looking down at us.
Kids are going to ask questions, and how you answer then is up to you. This is probably the oldest question around! But, just keep the Faith, and let him know that God still loves him, even though he can't see him.
You are going to get many answers to this comment, and maybe I've not worded myself properly, but I'm sure that you know what I mean!
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Ruthykins said...

i'm glad to hear that he believes. i love that you told him that you've never died so you wouldn't know what it felt like. that's classic sarah. anyway, i don't know what i would tell him that you haven't already. some people like to look for Jesus in others, so maybe he could look for Jesus at church by seeing how other people are. then again, depending on how the kids in your ward are that may not be such a good idea. hee hee hee...

greenolive said...

well Eades did make a good Christlike decision today. Koen woke up with a stomachache. He was supposed to give a talk in primary. He was really crying and I told him to ask Eades if he'd give his talk for him. Of course Eades said he would because he felt so bad for his brother. Than he decided he didn't want to go to church either because he was worried about Koen. I told him that Koen would be okay, and that he just needed some rest. I said that it really would be a big help if he gaves his talk though and he already said he would. So Eades did go to church and he did give the talk and as soon as we got home he checked on Koen. Everything was fine and I was very proud of Eades.

Puphigirl said...

I like the answer that we look for Christ in others. Hopefully, others can find Him in us through our acts of service and good examples.

EmmaP said...

keenan had a little photo album i got from the $ store. We filled it pics of Jesus as well as families praying, etc. that helped. maybe it's time to do the hand-glove/spirit-body FHE lesson...