CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Great Exercise Plan

I did not have an exercise regime whatsoever. I know how good exercise is for your body and spirit. I know that it would be good for my joints which I always seem to have a problem with and I know that it would give me the strength and energy that I need to be a mother of five. Knowing all this I still did not have any exercise routine set up. I mean it wasn't even a sporadic walk outside or anything. It was absolutely nothing. Then at the beginning of this week I saw a commercial. It said that standing is better than sitting and walking is better than standing. I kept thinking of that all day. I decided that I would do my daily routine of housework all in one big shot without sitting down. Usually I would pick up the floor then break. Then soak dishes, then break. Then do some laundry, then break. I wasn't taking long breaks but they were breaks none the less. So on Tuesday I spent three hours straight doing anything and everything that I could think of and even after I was done I did dance party USA with Brandis to burn some more calories. Then the baby woke up and I had to sit down to feed her but I tell you, I was sweating up a storm and I know that I got my heart rate up into the fat-burning zone.
I was so excited. I think I found my perfect exercise. Here I had gold this whole time and I didn't even know it. I can't believe all this time I've wasted breaking up my housework. Before, anytime I started feeling a little hot or tired I took a break. Duh, that's when I should have kept going. So anyway, it only lasted two days because today I had one boy stay home from school and then I had to go pick another one up because they were sick. That really put a halt to everything because I had to keep taking care of them and they kept waking the baby up. I know I have to keep them home tomorrow but on Monday, the plan is on again. I just wish I could weigh myself to know how much I could actually lose without adding anything extra to my day, but just rearranging it a little. By the way if I never mention this again it's because it didn't work out as well as I hope it will, but if I do mention it again that means it was a great success. Just so you know.

4 comments:

Ruthykins said...

i'll sit by the computer everyday and wait to see if you talk about this again

Puphigirl said...

When you go shopping, park farther away. When you are driving you can do little ab and butt crunches. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. These are all little things that you can do.

I try to work out at Curves. I like their new smart trek program. But, I go through cycles too of when I don't exercise.

Ruthy is seems you have found your regime.

Alice in Wonderland said...

Yeah! You just keep on doing what it is that you are doing! You are still doing exercise. The average woman walks six miles a day, just going around her house, so look at all the other calories that you are burning up while doing other chores too!

okeydokeyifine said...

Good for you. Keep up the good work. If you miss a day, so what, start again as soon as you can. Be like glue and stick to it. What ever you do, don't kill yourself. Drink lots of water to replenish and flush. Yeah, I guess that's about it.