CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 10, 2009

School Has Begun

Today was the third day of school. It's really quiet during the day and I can't even imagine how it will be when Dougan starts school next week. Last night I met both teachers and I met Dougan's yesterday afternoon. It was nice to meet them all and I love all of their personalities. I also saw that one of the George boys from Northridge has a boy in Eades' class. I talked to him a little too. Tony volunteered to help out in the classroom which I thought was great. The teachers did too. I think he'll go in maybe once a month or something. I volunteered to do clerical work for Eades' class at home. So I get to cut out lots of things and do stuff like that.
On Tuesday I decided to paint my kitchen finally. It just seemed like the right time with only three little kids at home. It feels good to have finally done it after 2 1/2 years. Now I want to repaint the rest of the house. We'll see how long it takes me to get around to that. I also want to make curtains and do fun stuff like that. I still don't quite have the creative homemaking gift where everything looks cute and great, but I'm trying to.
So my kids were pretty much bored this summer and I didn't have a whole lot of things planned to do. Last week a family moved in behind us with two boys a little girl and a teenage girl. I think it's so funny that now that they finally have neighbor kids to play with they have to go to school all day. So far when they come home all the kids play outside together. It's fun to see them with new friends. They're good kids too so I'm glad that they moved in.
Now I just have four more years until my youngest goes to school. I have some friends and family who have sent there youngest to school this year and I'm glad I'm not there yet. I know I would be very emotional. I wasn't bad with Koen and Eades this week. I was mostly just proud of them. I'm not sure how I'll be with Dougan next week. The school has a first day cry group, but I don't think I'll go because I'll still have Brandis and Taygan. I think I'll be fine. Maybe when Taygan goes I'll need to go to that.

6 comments:

Puphigirl said...

I surprisingly became emotional after dropping off Chloe for her first day at Kindergarten.

Alice in Wonderland said...

It's good that you are all involved with the school. I have a 3 1/2 niece who has just started school, mornings only, until Christmas, and she is very badly missed! We all had a few tears! I miss her constant chatter and questions, and her Mother just doesn't know what to do without her!
At least she has a shoulder to lean on here, and I always have a box of tissues at the ready!

Ruthykins said...

we're not doing preschool so i still have one more year. andrew will start next year and them emmy starts the year after that. i'll have so much time to do stuff!

okeydokeyifine said...

yay for the kitchen, what color is it and how did you get the high parts? Yay for the scholars. Yay for the little ones still at home. yay all around. Milestones. Yay for Mommy and Daddy. like Dad always says... have a happy day!

Springbubble said...

i remember that in one of your old posts you've mentioned that you wanted to paint your house. and finally, you're doing it..

my kid is only 1 1/2 years old and can't wait to send him to pre-school cause i'm excited to see him in his uniform, carrying his own bag and a lunchbox.

EmmaP said...

lol at the crygroup. love it.