CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 25, 2009

oh the drama

Koen made his first batch of brownies without my help yesterday. They turned out really great and we all praised him a lot so ten minutes ago he asked if he could make more. I told him he should try to make a cake today. So he's cracking eggs and measuring things out and Eades catches him. He starts to throw a fit that Koen made something yesterday so he should get to do it all by himself today. So I chatted with him about how Koen is older and had to wait until he was this age to do it all by himself. So Eades is distraught and starts crying and I said maybe you'll have to wait till next year when you're Koen's age. He agrees and cries some more. I am trying hard to hold back the laughter because he's being so dramatic about the whole thing.

Then Koen tells him he can help stir so they got two large spoons out and started stirring and then they each sprayed half of the cake pan. They both helped pour it into the pan and now it's time for me to put it in the oven while they both lick the spoons. So crisis averted. Everyone's happy. The best part of this little story is that I get cake in less than an hour.

11 comments:

greenolive said...

by the way you can kind of see my kitchen in the background. I painted it green and white.

Alice in Wonderland said...

Love this! .... But who gets to lick the spoon? Maybe there will be another battle on your hands whether one gets the spoon and one the bowl!
Enjoy your cake!

Puphigirl said...

Mmm, cake

mrbusdr said...

Does your landlord know you painted your kitchen?

greenolive said...

uhhhhhhhh. you mean landlords don't read minds. trust me, it couldn't look any worse than it did before.

okeydokeyifine said...

Tell your landlord to stay out of your kitchen and go to his own to make cake.

greenolive said...

oooh what kind of cake? I love cake.

Springbubble said...

i wish you guys are near so i can send you a special cassava cake.

you'll like it.

greenolive said...

cassava cake? haven't heard of it but I bet I would like it. I wonder if Tony's ever had one.

Ruthykins said...

stupid land lords. anyway, you should get some pictures that really show off the new color in the kitchen. maybe some before and after pictures. also, i love cake, too.

greenolive said...

I didn't think to do before pictures but it was too awful to put up on the internet anyway.